Monday, September 27, 2010


I never get out of the house, this poem describes how I feel during the day, after I go to bed, and after I wake up. I feel trapped, and so this poem is simply called, Trapped.

Trapped


Trapped in my dwelling I go crazy
Day after day I feel so hazy.

Floating through this world unheard
Feeling like a small trapped bird.

I bide my time in quiet reserve
expecting the life that I deserve.

Maybe this is it, maybe I am blind
Perhaps life's cruel, perhaps its kind.

I close my eyes and try to relax
Now I'm frustrated about to crack.

I open my eyes and see the same
Life is just a boring game.

A game I play everyday
I've lost at it a thousand ways.

Dully I drift into conscious sleep
And wait for anything to make a peep.

Sadly no, I turn my head
Slowly, life's water I tread.

Head gone under, now I've won
Boredom gone and all undone.

I lie unconscious for several hand swipes
and wake again my eyes I wipe.

I pray for sleep, for I am free
to be where I want to be.

But when I wake up I feel disgust
I develop a sense of antitrust.

Nothing's changed, life still goes on
Although everyday feels so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment